Labor and Employment Lawyer CA
Sooner or later, most employees will experience a lay-off, or other form of employment termination. Especially during difficult economic times, these occurrences are becoming more frequent.
Like everybody else, you treasure your job and are worried you might lose it during these uncertain times. You are afraid that your employer might suddenly fire you and that there's nothing you can do about it.
Employers may cite the doctrine of law called "at-will employment" which essentially gives them the freedom to terminate a worker's employment for any or no reason at all.
Though the doctrine has been practiced over 100 years, the more recent civil rights movements that began around the 1960s have spawned a body of law that can override the at-will employment principle to protect employee rights. These "employment laws" also uphold the rights of former employees and candidates for employment.
If you feel you are or were being treated wrongly by an employer you may have recourse under the employment laws of the City of Los Angeles, the State of California or federally, under the laws of the United States. Labor and employment lawyers in California, Levine & Blit can help!
Get a Labor and Employment Lawyer in CA with Experience in Fighting for Employee Rights
All of our California employment lawyers here at Levine & Blit are experienced in cases involving:
- Workplace discrimination
- Affirmative action
- Sexual harassment
- Sexual discrimination
- Employment harassment
- Sexual preference discrimination or harassment
- National origin discrimination or harassment
- Employee benefits
- Whistleblower litigation
- Wrongful termination
- Retaliatory discharge or other retaliation
- Employment contracts & Non-Compete Agreements
- Executive compensation
- Separation Agreements and Severance Packages (often related to downsizing or lay-offs, which may trigger "plant closing" requirements)
- Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act
- Federal Employer's Liability Act
- Occupational Safety and Health Act
- Special laws governing municipal employment
Our California employment attorneys tirelessly fight for the rights of slighted workers until justice is served.
Call (310) 281-0100 today for a free telephone evaluation of your case.